Saturday 23 January 2010

Our city

I am not an admirer of our city at all. In fact I would love to move ….. anywhere!!!!. Actually I do have a few places in mind but it is basically dependent on winning the lottery. Which is my way of saying that this is where I will stay for the immediate future.

Today DD1 and myself set off early to go into the city. (i.e. centre of town) We had an appointment to get haircuts so it was drive and park on city edge, train into city (one stop) then walk to salon. Total of 1 hour (which included a stop at a chocolate shop).

Although I think our city is ugly (hard to pick a more appropriate word) there are a few places I love and one of these is where I took some photos today. Just across the road from the Central Railway station is a small park. The reflections of buildings within buildings is beautiful.

 

100123.jpg

 

This is not some sort of strange artistic building but merely the reflection of another building in the glass panelled exterior. The above photo was taken looking to the side and this next one is straight ahead.

 

100123-2.jpg

 

Yes even this city has its hidden beauty.

8 comments:

takinu said...

Great reflections.

Jessica knorr said...

I feel the same way about where I live. Orlando has no real beauty in the buildings in my mind. I want to movee somewhere where there is history in the buildings and natural beauty. I mean Im sure we have it here but after seeing it everyday for 30 years Id just like a change

Unknown said...

wow ... great city views!

Unknown said...

wow ... great city views!

Unknown said...

wow ... great city views!

Mari said...

Those are beautiful shots! I love the first one!

Magdalena (m2m) said...

You know, your feelings aout your city are the same as mine about Warsaw, where I live. There are few places, which are really beautiful here, but where we live there are just blocks of flats and that's all. But I also agree, that every town has it's beauty somewhere and I'll try to find some beautiful places in Warsaw.

Which lens did you use for your shots? I'm very curious :)

solveig said...

The reflection in the first one is amazing! And I love the contrast between the shiny new skyscrapers and the old low building in the second shot! Very nice :) Doesn´t look at all like an ugly city from these photos :D