Saturday 16 January 2010

Back in the Garden

 

Work has been busy but still keeping up with photo a day. We have had no rain so it is a wonderful excuse to stand in the garden at dusk with a hose in my hand watering the vegetables. We have very strict water restrictions here and are only allowed to water from our own tanks. So if we can get a few storms a week or even 1, I should be able to collect enough runoff from the roof to have enough water.

 

140110.jpg

Our rain lilies have seeded.

 

150110.jpg

 

I want a photo each week to track my vegetable garden so decided to add my shadow.

 

160110.jpg

 

I came back from overseas so fit but after 3 weeks it has gone. It is just so hot and humid here there is little fun in walking but I need to do something. So I got out of bed at 6am this morning and went for a walk. With of course my camera (and Harry the terrier).

7 comments:

Jewel said...

very cool bird shots - and funny, i had my home commute as my p365 photo yesterday too!

Cloudy said...

What a beautiful pic with the bird. I've nerver seen such one...
Servus, so long and have a nice day
Kvelli

Magdalena (m2m) said...

Wonderful bird!!! First photo is awesome too :) I'd love to see more your beautiful flowers, but since you had this terrible snake in garden, maybe it's better not to make photos there.

~Susie~ said...

I just love the bird shot!!

Stacy M said...

What a great idea to photograph the veggie garden. We still can't plant ours for a few (many) weeks but I'm going to try to remember to photograph mine as well.

Nikkiana said...

Love the bird shots!

Susan said...

This bird picture is just lovely. It seems to have an expression like it is angry. Good luck with your vegetable garden and so sorry for your drought.