Sunday 15 February 2009

Another busy week...

This morning Amber and I decided to walk the dogs before the full force of the heat and humidity hit. It was wonderful down by the creek behind our home which is full of water after the last weeks rain. The weather was just so good for a couple of days. I actually slept without airconditioning! The ducks are enjoying the fresh water.


This is a typical photo of Harry waiting at the back door to come in. He is a very timid dog and always wants to be around family.

No this is not just any grass - this is my pot of lemon grass which is perfect for Thai cooking. I keep it in a pot as it needs buckets of water so the pot is placed under the overflow of my water tanks. And yes we had rain this week!!

This dove I found out is an introduced species to Australia (from Asia) but I think they are sweet. This one was picking twigs out of my gutters (what a selection) to build a nest. Yes I know I have to clean out the gutters..


This one was a last minute photo of a shelf of the bookcase behind me. I love collecting old books or more specifically old travel books. And no guessing my favourite - Sven Hedin. Now there is a man I would love to have met.



Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone and thanks for your comments! As to the fires in Southern Australia there are some still raging but at the moment are not a threat to property and seem to be contained.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all your nature photos - they are fantastic! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Anonymous said...

great picture,love this wiht the dog

Karen I said...

Great photos!

Unknown said...

wow great pics... I like the reflection!

Erika said...

Great pictures, all of them. I like both the bird photos, the colors are so so soft, and the reflection in the water beautiful.

Amandac said...

Some great photos this week, I think your duck reflected one is just gorgeous! Poor Harry looks like he wants to be inside LOL. Love your old books too, I have a collection of old books I have grabbed from Lifeline stores and the Bookfest but mine are more old Classics like Dickens. Shakespeare and such, there is nothing more lovely to look at than a bookcase full of old books!